Senior UI UX Developer ( 590129-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will work independently as well as in teams on more complex operational and technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult & infrequent. You would be required to design intuitive web and mobile applications, keeping customer experience in mind and ensuring that highest levels of usability, scalability and system availability are attained, and key elements (like ease of use and personalization) are catered; develop scalable technology solutions for large enterprise wide applications spanning across multiple channels.
- Responsible for applications design, development and production support.
- Work on large, highly complex technical/programming projects.
- Evaluate options for meeting user needs, and ensure that system requirements are identified, prioritized and incorporated in an effective, efficient manner.
- Work closely with the business teams for gathering requirements and work on proposed wireframes.
- Troubleshoot complex development and production problems and provide technical support on an on-call basis.
- Perform technical evaluation of products.
- Collaborate with business and IT decision makers to discuss user interface requirements and brainstorm UI/UX ideas.
- Build the webpages with latest technologies across different platforms.
- Design the projects as per W3C accessibility recommendation guidelines.
- Closely monitor the defects raised by the QA team and work on fixing them.
- Support on the production release nights to ensure project delivery.
- Closely monitor post launch sale numbers, online feedback reports, errors and alerts monitoring and provide fixes to improve the sale flow.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Web UI framework and Web UI development which includes Usability, Page transition, page navigation, image caching, lazy page loading.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical and/or Computer Engineering or related field.
- Progressive experience developing applications and/or systems.
- Experience developing and designing high performance, secured web applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).