Senior Technical Product Engineer ( 590914-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a member of the Technology Product Development team, you will be responsible for architecting, defining, and deploying on product strategy and roadmap for public safety and enterprise communications and messaging. You will be the technology expert for the current MCPTT Android & IOS client and will manage the vendor development team and internal team through the device life cycle management process, including new feature enhancements and validation.
You will partner closely with business to ideate on customer experience enhancements to ensure that we maintain a competitive roadmap.
- Serve as the technical product SME to internal teams and the vendor
- Manage device and client life cycle
- Manage production client validation
- Develop technical requirements based on business needs
- Maintain the product roadmap and drive deliverables and timelines
- Create / maintain product design documentation, network documentation, policies, and configuration information
- Work with diagnostic tools and network monitoring to assess performance or troubleshoot the product and application.
- Cross-functional coordination across multiple VZ organizations
- Collaborate with product vendors and the industry to be aware of, and drive, future technology requirements.
- Ownership of SOWs and budget management
This role will also include opportunities to work on additional enterprise messaging projects.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent with five or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technical knowledge of the wireless network infrastructure and familiarity with wireless communication solutions, application traffic flows, and platforms.
- Solid understanding of mobile device operating systems, applications, and platforms.
- Strong VoIP and IP Telephony experience (SIP, RTP/RTCP protocols).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, oral and written communications skills.
- Results focused with solid technical and business acumen.
- Experience with business messaging
- Experience with Push-to-Talk or public safety communications services
- Experience with Land Mobile Radios and Dispatch Softwares
- Development experience with mobile client applications
- Experience with 3rd-party application integration, authentication, and authorization using programmatic APIs.
- Experience with assessing and leading current Verizon technologies, leading large integration projects, or launching a new product from the ground up.
- Master’s Degree and/or Industry Certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Linux, Openstack, Microsoft, AWS, etc).
- Experience with application / infrastructure virtualization within a service provider network.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).