Senior Supply Chain Engineer ( R-00076481-OTHLOC-PL-2D2334 )
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Supply Chain Engineer located in Reston, VA or Rockville, MD. The role of the Supply Chain Engineer (SCE) will include, but not limited to, working as liaison between Leidos Navy program engineering and sourcing organization, identifying and mitigating proposal/program risks and opportunities as they pertain to material requirements; maximizing cost avoidance thru BOM configuration strategy; assist capture/proposal in achieving Price-to-Win material budget objectives; participating proposal/program purchase requirements from engineering perspective; participating in sourcing process improvement projects (both Supply Chain and capture/proposal); resolving Supply Chain issues for the program and resolving capture/proposal material cost problems. This position reports to the Associate Director of Procurement Strategy. The SCE is an extension of the corporate functional area for supply chain related support. Additionally, the SCE is responsible for all activities associated with researching and recommending suppliers and products effective to the customer mission relative to programs and proposals. The SCE works closely with the Material Project Managers and Material Planners to ensure the review of material requirements for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, regulatory compliance and obtain additional information considered necessary. Due to nature of assignments, up to 10% travel is possible.
- Serves as Procurement Engineer interaction with numerous HW, SW, Cloud & Cyber manufacturers and technical teams within Leidos.
- Responsible for timely and accurate material pricing on proposal and program efforts.
- Candidate will own the request for quote process, which includes maintaining compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- Candidate will be responsible for meeting cost savings and avoidance targets so negotiations skills are a must.
- Candidate will conduct data analytics and analyze large data sets to price Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Candidate will be working among a matrixed organization support engineering, program management, and financial functions.
- Candidate will solve problems in Cost/Value Engineering, Affordability, and Technical Solutions.
- Candidate is responsible for providing innovative technical solutions and sourcing strategies that drive down cost (market research, engaging with Category Managers/Supplier Relationship Managers, etc.)
- Candidate works with Solution Architects to define technical requirements by engaging suppliers
- Candidate works with capture/proposal team to understand requirements and collaborate on strategy
- Candidate writes support bid reviews, where applicable
- Candidate will also have job responsibilities associated with Supplier Management, Program Strategy Development, Program Material Acquisition, Business Process Re-Engineering, and Procurement Tool deployments.
- This individual should be a self-starter and someone that is flexible and is able to work independently
- Technical bachelor's degree from an accredited college, and/or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment
- 6-9 years related experience of related experience.
- Ability to work in a group environment.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with supplier coordination including hardware and software selection, maintenance issues, and problem resolution
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organizations and program levels simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Basic understanding in acquisition of Cloud, Cyber, and XaaS technologies.
- Basic understanding of creating complex solicitations, supporting proposals, conducting moderate complexity price and cost analysis, negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms.
- -Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work under tight time constraints.
- - US Citizenship is required for this position
- Experience in the areas of procurement, pricing or subcontracts, with a demonstrated history of developing RFx’s that comply with the FAR and source selection under tight time constraints with minimal guidance is preferred.
- Understanding in acquisition of materials and components, consisting of, but not limited to, non-IT related finished products, raw materials, fabricated parts, electronic components, machines, equipment, and test devices.