Senior QA Test Automation Engineer ( 590726-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is serious about innovation. About being the first and being the best. Verizon Location Technology (VLT) sits at the core of the Strategy and New Business Incubation organization and is a critical part of driving innovation across our global customer base, both inside and outside of Verizon. Backed by more than 50 years of location-based expertise, we are building solutions that leverage the power of location intelligence to help drive technologies of the future. Technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible. We’re building tomorrow with the best of today.
You will be part of quality, helping mobile and back-end engineers deliver only their best throughout the software development process.
- Using automated testing frameworks for front-end as well as backend applications.
- Development and implementation of functional, performance/load and regression test suites.
- Collaborating with product owners, engineers and other team members to help refine scope and define acceptance criteria.
- Triaging incoming feedback, logging defects and potential go-backs in a way that is clear and actionable to engineers.
- Collaborating and working with multiple teams.
- Defining, adapting, and documenting QA processes as team and product needs change.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location which includes work from home and assigned office days as set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience within a software development environment.
Even better if you have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with: Agile development process, Git, Jira, Charles (or similar proxy clients, Postman (or similar REST test tools), Nightwatch (or similar web testing tool), Protractor, Espresso, Mocha.
- Experience with build tools like Jenkins and GitLab.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).