Senior Voice Application Engineer ( 595207-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineer to serve as aninnovative Senior Voice Application Designer. As part of the Global Technology Solutions team, you will work on voice technologies and find solutions to meet customers’ needs. You will use your current expertise as well as innovate to solve complex problems. You will be part of a team that is passionate, eager to innovate and apply best engineering practices.
- Primarily responsible for designing and delivery of high-quality voice applications for contact centers and Speech VRU.
- Lead application design and deliver solutions leveraging modern technologies including micro-services, databases, voice and web applications.
- Work independently and triage technical issues as well as lead teams toward solving problems.
- Responsible for all aspects of product delivery with high degree of familiarity with Agile software delivery
- Partnerwith business stakeholders and informational technology peers to design, document, and drive project and solution delivery
- Understandbusiness problems, designing solutions to meet requirements, and delivering projects using agile methodologies
- DefineKPIs and evaluating project performance post release
- Ensureapplication designs deliver an industry leading customer experience
- Researchnew technologies and solutions in the automated voice interaction space
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience designing and developing voice applications.
- Experience in multiple modern programming languages (Java) and databases (SQL). Expertise in designing RESTful APIs, micro services and familiarity with cloud services
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Proficiency in application development, data management and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience in technical troubleshooting and ability to lead, drive results and quickly solve complex problems.
- Agile mindset to adopt a fast changing environment to meet business needs
- Experience developing solutions on Avaya and / or Cisco communications routing platform.
- Experience developing routing applications using SIP and CTI.
- Designed applications with Bot-like experience design (voice or chat)
- Experience with Nuance speech recognition, Amazon Alexa, or Google Dialog Flow
- Worked with agile project delivery methodologies and delivery team.
- Strong understanding of DevOPs and agile software product lifecycle.
- Experience with Tableau
- Past development or testing experience with voice applications
- PMP certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).