Senior Engineer Consultant ( 591685-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Engineer will have an advanced knowledge and diverse skills in technologies & multiple vendors (for example: Juniper/Versa Network) to include design and architecture of various platforms, and will have mastery in at least two of the following: SDWAN, WAN, LAN, WLAN, Security environments. They will perform complex engineering for complex customer environments and possesses a broad knowledge of overall Verizon Enterprise Operations and Technology.
- Provide technological vision for network transformation and serve as the Engineering Team lead back into Verizon.
- Ensure information is flowing to engineering resources assigned to the project.
- Advance the customer relationship and build trust with stakeholders.
- Work closely with Verizon and Customer Operations, project management, and engineering teams to ensure the customer’s requirements are met.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with designing, configuring, implementing & testing, troubleshooting and supporting multi-site critical network environments that consist of multi-vendor Routers, Switches, Wireless LAN, WAN Accelerator, VoIP, Firewall & Network Security.
- Experience designing and configuring various routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP IGRP, HSRP, RIPv1 & RIPv2.
- Experience with complex QoS and VLAN configurations and designs.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology or Masters Degree and a minimum of Sevenyears experience in technology disciplines.
- Vendor certification – For IP networks, engineers must have at least a Cisco CCNP/CCDP/CCDA or equivalent practical knowledge, and/or Juniper JNCIS with a higher level certification preferred (example – CCIE or JNCIE).
- Possess in-depth Juniper & Cisco knowledge with MPLS network architecture and design disciplines, operational support familiarity, previous and current extensive hands-on implementation, and thorough configuration knowledge and capabilities for all platform levels.
- Have very strong customer interfacing background, as well as superior oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive technical writing skills.
- In depth knowledge of all routing protocols (For example : BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GLBP, VRF), Traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, multicast & class of service.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with router, LAN switch, application accelerator, wireless controller and IP Voice.
- Disciplined and oriented in practice of and adherence to process and procedures.
- Other Key Attributes include the ability to research technical issues and develop solutions, strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal skills, and good organizational skills. Must be achievement orientated and possess problem solving skills including conceptual and analytical thinking. Needs to be capable of working on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Possess ability of exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Micro level technical project management for engineering requirements and responsibilities.
- Ability to interface to the project management team regarding technical planning and network issues.
- Experience providing input for forecast and plan resource allocation.
- Ability to act as the direct interface to customers on advanced design solutions.
- Experience developing white papers for designs specific to the customer’s network inclusive of Verizon Business solutions.
- Ability to matrix manage engineering resources in other parts of the Verizon organization as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).