Senior UX/UI Design Engineer ( R-00081168-OTHLOC-PL-2D2504 )
The Leidos Defense Group seeks a Senior UX/UI Design Engineer to support the Innovations Team on our GSM-O II Program. As a key team member, you will work as part of a fast paced, Agile development and implementation team to architect, design and develop a unified User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) that provides a holistic single-pane-of-glass interface for an integrated solution. You will also work with operational end users and support teams to perform requirements analysis, as well as design, develop and demonstrate UI mockups and wireframes.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD or Scott AFB, IL to be considered.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Researching, designing and user-testing experiences and making strategic user-experience decisions while working closely with product owners, engineers and stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle.
- Conducting usability studies and proactively identifying and devising solutions for issues with the existing experience. Tracking success of experience focused changes and iterating as necessary to improve performance.
- Independently conducting UX research interviews, prototype reviews, surveys, and usability sessions.
- Mentoring teammates on UX concepts. Working with teammates and other disciplines to encourage teams to adopt UX design solutions.
- Developing personas, user flows, scenarios, user stories, goal/task analysis, system workflows and other key tools of user-centered design that simplify and enhance the insights acquired from complex data analytics platforms.
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, and work collaboratively to create mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experience.
- Applying the basics of visual design (i.e UI) principles in their design work such as visual hierarchy, proximity, similarity, font selection and color theory and demonstrate an understanding of visual, layout, content organization, and accessibility guidelines.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of professional experience; or 10 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- 5+ years of UX/UI architecture, design, development and delivery experience. Strong documentation skills with a proven ability to develop architecture diagrams and wireframes.
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience designing, developing and deploying dashboards and reports.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership.
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira and Confluence to document requirements, acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with and convey focused messages to stakeholders, customers, domain experts, program managers and teammates.
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim Secret clearance prior to start date
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with data Visualization and dashboards
- Elastic/Kibana Certified Engineer.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying dashboards and reports using the Elastic stack, including Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Beats.
- Experience with Elastic stack security features, such as client authentication, SSL/TLS configuration, and role-based document filtering.
- Experience developing, building and deploying software using Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience with containers orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Domain experience with network data.
- Experience with big data applications.
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying solutions using DevOps/DevSecOps concepts.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
GSMOPay Range:Pay Range - -