Senior Network Product Engineer ( 595926-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are constantly innovating to unleash the power of our network and technology and you can ensure we stay at the forefront, providing an unequalled customer experience. You will be a key member of a team passionate about evolving the technology related to our voice and VoIP infrastructure. Your role as a network infrastructure planner will develop network infrastructure designs, create deployment plans, and drive the work associated with the physical and logical aspects of the interconnects to our Unified Communications (UC) partners. This work involves developing the required design, direct engagement with our UC partners (like Microsoft, Cisco, RingCentral), creating lab testing requirements/approaches, and driving production network deployments and partner activations. You are an experienced technical team member who is adept at negotiating and communicating with leaders and executives at all levels of the organization. Leading large and highly technical teams and encouraging people to perform at their best is personally rewarding. People know you for your ability to analyze issues and tackle complex problems with innovative solutions. This helps you to work well with partners from both technical and non-technical functions to build strong relationships. Thriving in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment you manage important priorities with ease and never lose your laser-sharp focus on meeting tight deadlines.
- Developing a repeatable, efficient, and scalable approach to interconnect Verizon to various UC partner solutions.
- Working designs that involve physical layer transport, IP layer flows, SBCs, and SIP layer session flows.
- Accommodating E911, CALEA, Robocalling, and many other needs into the solution.
- Collaborating with UC partners on the best approach to integrate with Verizon’s IMS core network to allow the best UC experiences for our wireless subscribers.
- Evolving our existing Cisco/Broadsoft-based One Talk UC environment.
- Partnering across Verizon organizations to drive a complex set of projects in support of new sales & revenue opportunities.
*This role can sit out of any valid U.S. based Verizon work location.*
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience with voice and VoIP technologies.
- Knowledge of IP networking and virtualization technologies.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Engineering or Computer Science or any other related field.
- Excellent communications skills – technical documentation, executive summary skills, and ability to present ideas and recommendations
- Successful experience with large and complex projects.
- Experience in the telecom industry especially within Verizon.
- Knowledge of VoIP architecture (including IMS & SIP) and related protocols.
- Wireless network knowledge and experience including: 5G, LTE, IMS, and MPN.
- Interconnect, peering, and SBC knowledge.
- Virtual and Physical Network infrastructure experience.
- Enterprise Unified Communications solution experience.
- Cloud environment experience – either building and maintaining cloud environments or building network solutions using public or private cloud infrastructure. Experience in Network Function Virtualization, including Openstack and containerized environments.
- Specific knowledge with any of the following network infrastructure vendors - Oracle, Ribbon (former GENBAND, former Sonus), Cisco Broadsoft, NetNumber, Ericsson, Nokia.
- Unified communications solution experience – especially with Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex Calling, or RingCentral
- Experience in the introduction of new products and designs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.