Senior Network Systems Administratory ( R-00081115 )
Leidos is looking for Senior Network / Systems / STE STN Administrator to work within the Mega Center IT support Team. The successful candidate will work under our IT manager maintaining the health of thin clients, Servers and network architecture, including Cisco and Juniper fiber switches as well as Passive Optical LAN networks, spanning 4 floors of a contractor SCIF. As part of the hardware support, you will be repairing, upgrading, applying patches to resolve IAVA vulnerabilities. There is one unclassified Windows Domain that will require administration. A JIRA Ticketing system will be used to prioritize actions. Other responsibilities include researching the latest technologies and making recommendations on future technology direction to the IT manager as well as tracking of SCIF assets. Expect to have significant interaction with the occupants of the building on a daily basis. Expect hands on hardware, taking down and setting up different user spaces and performing asset destruction processes.
- Extensive STE / STN work will be required. Maintaining and creating written documentation for the processes to Maintain STE / STN for the MPO customer will be ongoing primary role.
- Assist with compliance reporting / data generation / compliance with the customers Secure the Enterprise (STE) efforts working closely with the ISSO.
- This individual will be responsible in maintaining server/router/firewall/PON configuration, account creation, security management, and application performance optimization functions.
- Network Connectivity support which includes a local LAN enclave. TCP/IP / Subnetting and VLAN understanding and creation required.
- Troubleshooting and repair may include traveling to 3 other different sites to perform work within 6 miles radius when needed.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis. This includes coverage of evenings and weekends on a rotation schedule providing network support issues as some Leidos programs operate 24X7.
- A self-starter, excellent communicator as well as the ability to pay attention to detail. Some work includes many steps and the ability to handle detail is a must.
- Hands-on experience and the ability to use tools to repair PCs and rack equipment required. Understanding of RAID’s and Windows Server setup, deployment and migrations. Ability to replace hardware components of a computer or server.
- Monitor and maintain health of Uninterruptible Power systems (UPS) located in multiple secure areas.
- Working with others to expand / reconfigure fiber infrastructure, which includes working in zone boxes, Data closets, and in the ceiling.
- Keep hardware and software asset lists up to date and accurate.
- Assist Programs with HS phone issues / repair.
- Asset management tracking, labeling and destruction.
- Assist in Procedure documentation creation and updates
- Maintaining Cisco unclass Phone system running Cisco OS 14 for 700 IP phones.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: (list the “must have” requirements to be considered for hire)
- BS with emphasis on Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline or 5 to 10 years of experience in the IT field.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Domain Administration
- Intermediate understanding of networking TCP/IP / VLANS / subnetting, troubleshooting IP routes.
- Intermediate understanding of VMWARE
- Understanding of Server / external Storage configuration, ongoing maintenance.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team
- Must be able to interact effectively with Leidos End users and other System administrators.
- Maintain good Personal Hygiene.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain a SYS1 level clearance to perform high side Domain administration which includes obtaining a Network or Security certification.
- Must be willing to learn, administer, maintenance and program of the Motorola / Arris / Tellabs Optical line terminal (OLT) and corresponding desk top optical network terminals (ONT).
- Experience with PC and Server hardware and OS maintenance.
- User of Microsoft office Word, Excel, Visio and MS Paint.
- Perform support of complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work and delivering results timely and cost effectively.
- Developing and implementing migration plans and coordinating redesign efforts with the system engineering teams
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Providing network administrative for development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation of the Microsoft Windows enterprise network environment
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
- Working with Cabling Subcontractors to direct cabling projects.
- Must be willing to continue training on Windows domain support administrator as well as Passive Optical LANs that utilize Motorola, Tellabs or Zhone OLT / ONT architectures.
- Ability to move up to 60lbs, Racking and stacking servers, moving PC workstations, deploying phones.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional “pluses or nice to have” skills/experience)
- ITIL Foundation certification
- CCNA Certification.
- Security + TIA Certification.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Facility Infrastructure experience.