Senior Relay Settings Engineer ( R-00082401 )
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- NESC expertise
- Interface with clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Senior Relay-Settings Engineer with an emphasis on transmission protective relay settings and the associated studies. This position is member of dynamic team of Power Delivery engineers within our Energy & Systems Solutions operation.
• Solving challenging substation engineering problems.
• Working with design engineers and performing quality reviews.
• Working directly with clients as well as working with other staff in remote office locations.
• Assignments will cover the full range of project planning through design and construction support.
• Preparation of relay settings from 4.16kV through 500kV including relay set points, logic diagrams, configuration files and documentation.
• Minimum of 8 year’s relevant experience in high voltage electrical utility system protection and control engineering.
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with 8-12 years of related experience.
• Main requirement is experience with communication devices and implementing and working with IEC 61850 protocol
• Capable of using Aspen OneLiner and/or Electrocon CAPE for coordination studies and fault study analysis.
• Preparation of protective relay coordination studies
• Experience with development of relay settings for microprocessor relays including: SEL, Alstom, GE, ABB and others. For both transmission line relays (Line Differential, Step Distance and Pilot Schemes) and substation relays (Capacitors, Transformers and buses)
• Being familiar with Schweitzer AcSELerator QuickSet, General Electric EnerVista and Schneider Electric MiCOM software is a plus
• Experience implementing control and protection schemes including interpreting schematics and wiring diagrams and preparing relay logic to complete the schemes.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
The following are additional skills that are considered a plus:
• Experience preparing technical reports
• Familiarity with PTC MathCAD software
• Previous Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience
• Periodic travel may be required
PowerDeliveryPay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00