Senior UX Engineer - Telecommute (106179511)
Optum Labs is the research and development arm of UnitedHealth Group. We're a diverse team of curious thinkers and experts in big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and scientific and clinical research searching for new ways to help people live healthier lives. We partner with world leaders in health care delivery, research, and technology to create disruptive solutions that serve patients, caregivers, providers, and commercial and government payers.
More equitable, effective, and affordable health care - that's our goal. We aren't just trying to improve the care an individual receives. We're building a future where the health care system works better for everyone. Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Product Experience and Design (PXD) requires a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, entrepreneurial zeal, and elite production and execution.
Working in PXD on Fusion means you’ll be part of a team of highly skilled individuals who tackle all aspects of the design process from user research to physical prototyping to telling the project story to the client. You will also work as a member of a larger multi-disciplinary product team to create and deliver market leading offerings for clients across the continuum of healthcare.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create new consumer experiences focused on patients, providers, payers, and others across the healthcare ecosystem
- Design new approaches that enhance and extend consumer experiences
- Gather consumer and end-user requirements through in-person interviews and secondary research
- Help clients empathize with users by creating deliverables that tell a compelling story
- Serve as a subject matter contributor in the area of product design, user experience, and user interface and interaction design
- Use data, including key performance indicators, market research, and testing methods, to identify ways to conceptualize and advance the user experience
- Create functional prototypes and designs of different levels of fidelity to help teams determine the design direction for delivery
- Work alongside and collaboratively with development teams to understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our approach to delivery
- Be a mentor to junior designers by reviewing work performed and providing constructive feedback and support
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design with a concentration in communication, customer experience, or user experience
- 5+ years of product design and/or user experience and design
- 5+ years of experience in Human Centered Design processes
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in user research, including developing user profiles, conducting field studies/contextual inquiry, and usability testing
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your level of skill for the following: mobile application, responsive web, scalable platform, and consumer-facing portal designs.
- Defining Value Propositions experience
- Ethnographic Research and Synthesis experience
- Persona Development experience
- Journey Mapping experience
- Interface Design experience
- Rapid Prototyping experience
- Front-end Development experience
- A variety of graphic design and interactive tools including:
- InVision, Axure RP, or a similar prototyping tool
- Comfort with clients, working as a collaborator and advisor, and the ability to confidently and credibly share your point of view and expertise.
- Working in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfort collaborating with multidisciplinary design teams in a non-hierarchical organization.
- The ability to synthesize multiple, and sometimes conflicting inputs (data, qualitative feedback, hypothesis, etc.) into a common point of view.
- The ability to be coached, be adaptable and be collaborative
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.