Senior Consultant - Data Engineer ( 600264-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
With your analytical skills and data management expertise, you will deliver business value through data enablement and analytics by driving insights to actions. One way you will accomplish this is by translating Reporting, Data Product, and Analytical data requirements into required AI&D deliverables in support of the FPAS organization. You’ll partner with both the business and the Technology teams to deliver data engineering solutions in support of Finance organizations across Verizon. You’ll also connect various data locations to stage data before visualizations. The business insights and recommendations you provide will help to improve Verizon's Financial performance. On large data and analytics enablement projects you will support the BA CoE team by -
- Strategizing, coordinating, detailing, resource planning and defining scope on multiple projects with evolving timelines in various stages of completion.
- Leading collaboration with business and Finance leads and with IT to execute all phases of projects, from concept and requirements to final hand-off to partner FPAS teams.
- Conducting and ensuring user acceptance testing with Business, Finance and IT for data and analytics applications prior to production release - to include software testing, quality assurance, and solution certification and approval.
- Establishing and promoting FPAS data standards and analytics best practices and across Business Units, Finance and IT teams.
- Detailing and demonstrating analytical solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and models.
- Build ad-hoc reports, analyses, and visualizations as needed as part of the development life cycle.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, analytics/business intelligence, engineering, mathematics, statistics, information systems or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using data from enterprise scale data warehouses (like Teradata, Google Big Query).
- Domain knowledge of the data leveraged in the telecommunications field.
- SQL experience – in depth capability in SQL.
- Visualization tools knowledge - Tableau, Qlik.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of Verizon DW data domains and data.
- Knowledge of Verizon’s accounting data/systems.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Ability to develop solutions that align tactical solutions with strategic goals.
- Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the steps to get there.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).