Senior Juniper Network Engineer ( R-00084963 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is looking for a Senior Juniper Network Engineer on the ESA V program, in Lorton, VA. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing. This customer unit is responsible for providing field communications support to their field agents, officers, and investigators worldwide. This position will provide expert level network engineering support to manage and maintain the equipment, networks and web applications that support the field communications systems deployed by our customer.
Location: Onsite at customer site in Lorton, VA
Schedule: Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm.
The candidate will be subject matter expert skilled in Juniper SRX-series branch routers, Juniper EX-series switches, Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls, AnyConnect VPN clients, TrippLite serial consoles, Ethernet & TDMA delivered Private IP & Internet circuits, Private APN cellular networks, Network Time Protocol (NTP). Extensive experience in the implementation of information security (IS) best practices & performance of work in accordance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) to ensure that systems can maintain accreditation.
This position requires working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate and will focus on making sure that the customer’s needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements, issues, and mission needs, and then to be able to translate them into actions.
- Learn a new Government system and become the single Subject Matter Expert for all systems issues.
- Independently provide network engineering operations and maintenance (O&M) support for a mission-critical government system; support the system as the SME on the team, requiring broad and deep knowledge across the applicable technologies
- Juniper SRX-series security devices, certified at the JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC levels; ensure configurations consistent with industry best practices & FISMA; implement defense-in-depth methodology by using appropriate firewall rules, security policies and other IS-consistent configurations; monitor pre-shared key (PSK) and AutoVPN virtual private network (VPN) links; implement high availability (HA) configurations as needed
- Juniper EX-series switches using 1Gbps & 10Gbps backplanes; implement connectivity with Juniper & other vendor technologies using copper & fiber; implement high availability (HA) as needed
- Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls using AnyConnect for client VPN access; implement high availability (HA) as needed; ensure connectivity to backend authentication services; ensure secure configuration for remote network & network resource access
- Design & maintain out-of-band (OOB) management network using TrippLite serial consoles, iDRAC and other technologies to ensure secure & available management of network devices
- Working with customer personnel, contractors, vendors to participate in design & specification of Private IP (PIP) and Internet circuits to support systems
- Ensure high availability of Network Time Protocol (NTP) across all networks to ensure consistent & accurate time is available to all servers & network devices.
- Work within configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to the field communications systems equipment & networks
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of experience or a Masters degree with 10+ years experience. High school diploma with 4+ years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- U.S. Citizen
- Subject Matter Expert on Juniper network infrastructure
- Extensive experience in providing O&M support to complex, mission-critical systems
- Extensive experience on designing, implementing and configuring network infrastructure
- Extensive Experience working independently and collaboratively to troubleshoot and correct operational issues
- Working closely with customers and users to troubleshoot and resolve complex user issues
- Ability to brief customer to include senior management
- Extensive experience configuring, designing, implementing and troubleshooting with following technologies:
- Juniper SRX-series branch routers
- Juniper EX-series switches
- Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls
- AnyConnect VPN clients
- TrippLite serial consoles
- Ethernet & TDMA delivered Private IP & Internet circuits
- Private APN cellular networks
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Information security (IS) best practices & Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA), and accreditation
- Configuration management process
- Establish goals and project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work well with team members and customers
- Security Engineering Experience
- Participated in ATO process
- Business Analysis/Requirements Development Experience
- Technical Writing and Documentation Experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Clearance
Program Specific Salary Range: $150K to $165KPay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00