Senior Engineer Consultant - Network Design ( 599972-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Engineer - Centralized System Performance is accountable for working as the Product Owner (PO) for the System Performance (SP) Big Data Team. This position is responsible for working with Network Systems (NS), business stakeholders across the company, and the Product Manager (PM) of the Radio Access Network (RAN) SP Agile Release Train (ART), which operates as part of the Scaled Agile Framework SAFE) structure.The main purpose of the position is to drive the development and operationalization of SP ART Big Data Analytics within the V-Grid, whose insights will be fed to downstream tools like Airwave SP, Airwave DP, Fuze, and IOP. The main function of this role will be breaking down features and requirements into user stories, prioritizing them, and guiding the team as they develop their code base and processes.
- Collaborate regularly with the business stakeholders and the PM to ensure the feature backlog for the SP ART Big Data team is shaped and prioritized properly at all times.
- Decompose features into user stories that the SP ART Big Data team can understand.
- Accept or reject the user stories that are complete at the end of every 2 week sprint.
- Guide the development of the user stories by working with the SP ART Big Data team and other SAFE team members on a daily basis.
- Ensure the team is properly aligned to the Planning Increment (PI) Objectives.
- Help remove or escalate issues to the PM.
- Stay current with the 4G and 5G vendor s/w features and capabilities so that you can bring that Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge to better develop user stories and features.
- Establishing strong partnerships and ensuring network performance improvements are aligned with the business objectives of other groups within Verizon HQ such as Network Systems, Network Planning, and Maintenance Engineering.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
***This position can be located out of any U.S. based Verizon Hub location. ***
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in System Performance.
- Experience with Python, SQL, Tableau, and/or other automation and analysis coding and s/w programs.
- Strong technical knowledge of the wireless network.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Connecticut work location, the compensation range for this position is between $95,000 and $177,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).