Senior Engineer - Network Performance & Analytics ( 601277-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Whether it’s coverage, reliability, or speed - Verizon has the best network. Verizon is a leader in innovation by being the first company to launch a commercial 5G network. In addition to amazing speed, 5G will usher in the 4th industrial revolution and enable next-generation capability such as MEC, fixed wireless, AR/VR, connected cars, smart cities, cloud-gaming, and things only yet imagined. You will be focusing on improving the customer experience and your work will make an impact on the lives of thousands in the future with how they live, work, and play.
- Regularly identify, document, and investigate KPI anomalies impacting the user experience and overall performance of the core network from cell site to the Internet.
- Perform big data analysis and visualization to provide new business insights to improve the customer experience.
- Participate in the planning, testing, and integration phases of various projects to upgrade, redesign, and integrate new and existing services.
- Research and understand the end-to-end network architecture and call flows from the UE to the Internet for all services including 4G LTE, VoLTE, NNI, and 5G NSA/SA.
- Utilize various software tools to proactively identify, investigate, and resolve anomalies with various key performance indicators (KPIs), log messages, call flows, and raw packets.
- Improve the performance observability of the network and network functions in regards to accessibility, retainability, mobility, and integrity.
- Participate with team standardization efforts across the country for either tools, processes, or data analysis.
- Help to mentor other team members by providing knowledge transfers and training.
- Provide support to our network assurance, network repair bureau, and regional RF system performance teams and assist troubleshooting urgent customer impacting issues.
- Explore and develop new ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness through automation and process improvement.
- Participate in a high performing team environment focused on producing results and moving forward every day.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re never satisfied with just good enough - curious, not afraid to ask questions, and eager to investigate and understand the details. You enjoy learning new things, exploring new ideas, and are always looking to improve. You pay attention to small details and are an excellent problem solver with strong critical thinking skills. You are able to work independently, but you also are a team player - always willing to share knowledge, communicate effectively, and maintain a positive attitude.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevantwork experience.
- Knowledge of 3GPP LTE and 5G NSA and SA network interfaces, network elements, and end-to-end call flows.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering with a computer networking focus, other related degree, or extensive networking experience.
- Experience with IP networking or network software/programming, or equivalent detailed coursework in IP networking topics.
- Experience with deep packet inspection and raw packet collection and analysis.
- Experience with network management tools such as SevOne, Irisview, nGeniusOne, Wireshark.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Tableau, R, Hive, Hadoop, Jupyter Notebook,
- Experience with different programming languages (Python, Java, Perl, SQL, Github) and database design.
- Knowledge with cloud-native software such as Prometheus, Kubernetes, Grafana, Jaeger, and Elastic.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.