Senior Aruba Network Engineer ( 605354-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The position is responsible for design, implementation, and support of Wi-Fi networks and solutions at Verizon IT locations. It will require the evaluation of Wi-Fi environments for resiliency and quality using the Airwave Management systems and diagnostic information available from the equipment.
- Gather business and technical requirements for new or changing Wi-Fi deployments, determining equipment needed, AP placement and connectivity.
- Present designs to stakeholders and tracking the progress of work.
- Generate heat maps and updating Wi-Fi management systems. Writing MOPs and following change control processes for work related to equipment installation and changes.
- Perform pre and post change testing and validation.
- Working and resolving user trouble reports and managing issues in the trouble ticketing systems. Be able to monitor the environment and recognize issues.
- Evaluate equipment code and performing system upgrades and maintenance to the installed environment. The candidate will need to be able to work with field resources to install and configure Wi-Fi equipment.
- Exhibit a functional knowledge of Wi-Fi protocols and an understanding of 2.4 & 5 Ghz Wi-Fi channels and be able to performing channel planning.
- Use tools such as sniffers, Wi-Fi analyzers, and management systems to be able to evaluate new applications planned for the Wi-Fi environment. The candidate will need to be able to process this information and present findings to the stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements and developing solutions to satisfy those requirements. Position will work closely with IT Security, EUS, Application Developers, and other technology partners.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
*This role can sit out of any valid Verizon location within the U.S.*
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with large enterprise Wi-Fi environments, Wi-Fi technology.
- Experience with HPE/Aruba solutions, Aruba Networks AirWave network Management solution.
- Experience with Aruba Networks ClearPass including design of security and authentication processes, issues related to Wi-Fi technologies.
- College Degree in related area or equivalent experience.
- Aruba Networks Professional Certification.
- Five or more years of experience with Wi-Fi technology.
- Possess technical skills, mentor and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to document and present complex solutions to business stakeholders, research and develop solutions.
- Analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in problem solving and decision making.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.