Senior Signal Processing Engineer
Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Due to success of continued growth - the Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos (in Arlington, VA or San Diego, CA) currently has an opening for a Sr Signal Processing Engineer.
As a LInC EW Signal Processing Engineer, you will be responsible for research, design, and development of signal collection, processing and dissemination systems. Duties may include designing, developing, and analyzing systems for the extraction of information from signal sensors – and also serving as Task Lead. You will support the Division by achieving program objectives, leading technical teams – and participate in business development activities. The ideal candidate will possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, be a strong team player, and have the ability to establish solid working relationships with technical staff members and peers within the division as well as our external Government customers.
Regular tasks will include a mix of the following:
- Develop novel and advanced algorithms, performance simulation, and analysis - using simulated and real data in both time series and spectral domains
- Serve as Technical Team Lead
- Lead or support marketing and business development initiatives: develop technical solutions and new ideas for response to capture efforts (e.g., BAAs, RFPs etc.)
- Participate in, and/or lead, lab-based and field testing
- Lead and/or engage in multiple projects
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to your team, the Customer and management
- Must be U.S. Citizen with an active Secret clearance
- Bachelors with 12-15 years prior relevant experience, or Masters with 10-13 years prior relevant experience
- Fluent with tools such as MATLAB, Linux, Mathematica, Python, Simulink - and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
- Working knowledge areas such as digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and stochastic processes
- Demonstrated leadership of small multi-disciplinary technical teams and/or projects
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Experience working in EW, SIGINT and/or radar fields as a technical leader
- Doctoral degree
- Business Development and Capture experience (e.g., Proposals, white papers etc.)
- Experience working in a Research and Development (R&D) environment
Electronic WarfarePay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.