Senior Full Stake Engineer - Telecommute (112226668)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Looking for a technically solid, full stack engineer to maintain high availability of our existing API solutions that spans the business flows across all health care domains of our enterprise. This engineer will focus on migration and development of new API solutions utilizing new technologies such as Cloud and Kafka while also supporting current APIs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development of end to end software projects involving application development, migrations and additions to existing applications
- Extensive knowledge of Java application development architecture and hands on experience of Java /J2EE Technologies, Micro Services using Spring Boot and REST web services. build CICD workflow using Jenkins. assess and develop the full lifecycle software design requirements for project using Core Java 11, Java collections, Data Structures, Transaction Management, Algorithms, Multithreading, Concurrency and Asynchronous Processing
- Understanding the complex XSD and create complex XML/JSON Documents using Java. Solid XML/JSON development skills, including XPath/XQuery, XSD,XSLT using Web services (SOAP and RESTful)
- Research, evaluation, and identification of alternative approaches to support API development needs. Data Analysis and Profiling. Recommends, designs and codes efficient and effective solutions for challenging problems for medium to large work efforts of medium to high complexity
- Complies with standards and guidelines related to the design, construction, testing and deployment activities within the Delivery Management environments
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Java Full Stack experience
- Experience in using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile / Scrum, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps etc.
- Experience with REST/ JSON SOAP APIs, Java 8 or higher, Spring, CLT, Git, Jenkins, Microservices, Docker
- Experience on Databases, SQL programming, No SQL DBs (e.g. Cassandra, ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- Demonstrated experience with Core Java 8 or higher, Java collections, Data Structures, Transaction Management, Algorithms, Multithreading, Concurrency, Asynchronous Processing
- Deep knowledge of API related activities: requirement analysis, software architecture and design, resource -based API modeling, and micro -services architecture
- Experience overseeing projects
- Experience on building Streaming Solutions using Kafka
- Experience with Graph QL, Java 11, Springboot
- Experience with API testing tools, such as Postman, SOAP UI, Spock
- Experience in Kotlin, nodeJS, Avro schema, golang, prometheous, grafana, Kubernetes, ELK stack
- Experience / exposure to API integration frameworks
- Expertise in developing cloud based solutions (AWS, Google Cloud or Azure)
- Expertise in a Contained based platform, e.g Openshift, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Demonstrate being an avid supporter of the Open Source software community
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.