Senior Solution Engineer - Hartford, CT or Telecommute (112220174)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get: cutting edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions.
This is a technical role within the Optum Rapid AI and Image Processing team that is part of the AI enabled Intelligent Automation area. We are looking for a Senior Solution Engineer who is a collaborative self-starter that can take ownership and passionately drives results. This role will involve working with distributed, global teams with multiple stakeholders. This person needs to be comfortable dealing with complexity and ambiguity.
This is an opportunity to join an established team that provides development and support for a state-of-the-art, AI-enabled, multitenant Computer Vision platform used across UHG, and soon with external partners as well. The team also leverages its formidable AI skills to provide solutions outside of image processing to other partners in the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Due to growth, our team is adding solution developers to meet the growing demand for solution development on the image processing platform (IPP)
- Design, build and deliver software solutions working directly with for various enterprise customers using the AI-enabled Image Processing Platform and its modern toolset to deliver value rapidly
- Use a complete computer vision toolset to create value delivering solutions quickly
- Provide hands-on solutions development as part of an agile engineering team responsible for building and supporting Intelligent Automation opportunities
- Lead by example in quickly delivering high-value support solutions through DevOps best practices
- Continuously grow the maturity of the team’s agile and engineering practices to improve time, quality, and value to market
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience providing value while working with customers and technical resources on other teams.
- Experience designing and building technical solutions that solve business problems in an Agile environment.
- Experience with modern cloud-enabled software stacks and techniques
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems, healthcare data transactions and data types are beneficial
- Knowledge of Optum businesses, critical enterprise platforms, and their related technology needs is beneficial
- Knowledge of modern computer vision concepts and techniques are beneficial
- Solid written and verbal communications skills including creating documentation
- Demonstrated attention to detail and be organized
- Collaborative and not afraid to ask questions
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.