Network Engineer / Senior SPT Network Provision Engineer
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking Network Provision Engineers to join our team at client sites in Herndon, McLean, and Culpeper, VA. In this position you will leverage your knowledge of network security policy and utilize your experience with intrusion detection, network ports and protocols (DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP, etc.), McAfee security appliances, Cisco routers, switches, and ASA firewalls to:
- Configure, maintain, and manage McAfee and Palo Alto firewall devices,
- Create firewall rules and perform network troubleshooting,
- Ensure successful integration of network systems and components,
- Receive project tasking, review approved engineering design, validate router/switch/firewall to including complex scripts,
- Conduct network implementation, testing, and troubleshooting, including support of after-hours implementations,
- Fulfill reporting functions on network status.
- TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Ability to satisfy a government-administered high risk screening
- Experience with surveys, installing conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment chase, cards power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Understanding of network ports and protocols (DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols
- Experience with McAfee and Palo Alto firewall devices
- Prerequisite knowledge of the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices)
- Familiarity with Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs
- Experience with firewall rule creations, Splunk, network troubleshooting, network routing
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, and ASA firewalls
- Intrusion detection experience
- TCP/UP knowledge and CISSP or other security certifications
- Candidate must have a total of 10 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of work history or an Associate’s and 8 years, a Bachelors’ and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history
- Hands-on experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) is preferred
- BICSI Certification and RCDD/DD Certification
- Cisco certification
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.