Senior Backup/Storage Engineer (Part Time)
Leidos has an opening on the ESA V program for a part-time Senior Backup/Storage Engineer. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, and all server and network infrastructure, among others.
The Senior Backup/Storage Engineer will be a part of our Storage team primarily responsible for managing data backups and storage in support of end-user computing needs as well as server hosting for a variety of applications and enterprise services.
This is a part time position working 20-24 hours a week.
- Operate, manage and maintain IBM Spectrum Protect Enterprise Edition for backup/recovery on AIX supporting various platforms, IBM TS4500 ATL, and IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Manger in the customer data centers; work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met
- Work in a rapid-paced environment and work independently
- Maintain operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers, vendors, and teams
- Set up administrator and service accounts, monitor/tune system performance, install software
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Evaluate new hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly efficient operations
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation on all hardware and software
- Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Provide support 3 days a week on a flexible M-F business hours schedule; regular 24x7x365 support as required by mission or emergency situations
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 12+ years of overall related experience with a server hosting environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Exceptional understanding, operational, and configuration experience with IBM Spectrum Protect, and IBM tape systems
- Knowledge of basic networking principles, SAN configurations, AIX, Linux, and Windows operating environments
- Scripting experience
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- The ideal candidate will be personable, articulate and will focus on ensuring that customer’s IT requirements are met expeditiously and effectively. Must be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers, vendors, and with other teams.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information, prior to start date (this process is taking 10+ weeks)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
- Customer interface experience
- Networking knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler
- Working knowledge of Windows, AIX, and Linux operating platforms
- Working knowledge of MS Office (including Word, PP, Visio, and Excel)
- Working knowledge of Hitachi and IBM storage devices/appliances
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
- Working knowledge of SAN and storage systems including IBM SVC and Hitachi storage devices
Program Specific Range: $105K to $115K working 20-24 hours a weekPay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.