Senior Cyber Defense Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Enterprise Services is a leading provider of Security solutions to enterprises and governments. Our Professional Services business unit help organizations plan, design, implement, operate, and manage the right technologies to improve the way they do business. From security to cloud to social machines, we take the complexity out of IT solution management, so our customers can focus on running their business.
This team is currently looking for a self-motivated, Network Security Engineer who is interested in the challenges of IT Security, Advanced Networking & Communications consulting with a particular focus on designing and deploying Tanium solutions. You will have excellent technical ability, ideally coming from a Fortune 500 company and have solid experience in a consulting services or operational role including client-facing experience.
As a Professional Services Consultant, your main responsibilities will involve a solid understanding and ability to deliver the following:
- Act as expert consultant in review of network or security design documents, creating implementation/migration plans, based on defined business requirements.
- Perform complex project implementation work based on primarily Endpoint solutions and Tanium in particular, SIEM platforms, security automation.
- Develop client relationships through strong communication skills.
- Consult and work in-depth with network and security architects regarding complex infrastructure design decisions.
- Work to agreed budgets and timeframes, ability to work on and manage multiple project deliverables at one time.
- Perform complex implementation and security testing activities in accordance with client maintenance/change windows.
- Working with and acting in a senior role and mentor in a team of consultants, working together to meet customers’ business objectives
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelors’ degree, majoring in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer, Communications, System Engineering, or related fields or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- At least one key industry certification (e.g., CISSP, CCSP, CCSE).
- Experience in the design, build, and configuration of Tanium.
- Experience in a structured project environment delivering high-complexity network and security infrastructure solutions.
- Knowledge of the range of standards, guidelines, policies, and best practices affecting deployment of IT security technology.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience with the design, build, and configuration of cloud security solutions in more thanone cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google).
- Experience with Zero Trust approaches, frameworks, enablers and technologies (e.g., network segmentation, SSE (Secure Service Edge) tools, endpoint protection products).
- Other certifications (e.g., AWS Solution Architect, Cisco).
- One or more Tanium certifications including Tanium Certified Operator and / or Tanium Certified Administrator.
- Experience in the design, build, and configuration of Crowd strike and Carbon Black skills.
- Experience across multiple industry verticals including; Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail, Government, Telecommunications and Utilities.
- Knowledge of firewalls from vendors such as Checkpoint, Cisco, and Palo Alto.
- Deep Tanium expertise across most Tanium modules with demonstrable experience designing, deploying, validating, and customizing solutions.
- Understand interactions with network and security functions in the areas of Security operations centre (SOC) implementation, use case management etc.
- Understanding of how to onboard customers into SOC services.
- Demonstrate sound written and oral communications skills, be articulate in explanations, and communicate in a clear positive fashion with internal and external stakeholders, clients, and suppliers, covering highly-complex solutions.
- Ability to collect and analyse requirements in order to develop compliant end-to-end technical solutions, and to lead a team of technical engineers to implement the solutions and connect the various security components into the SOC.
As well as an attractive package, you can look forward to excellent prospects for career progression in our expanding business. We are passionate about our people and we love to see them develop and grow. We have a generous training allowance which allows them to study and upskill themselves.
At Verizon, we’re transforming the business world and changing the way people communicate and experience entertainment. We are a global IP network solutions company and an emerging leader in cloud technologies. If you have talent, drive and ingenuity, you’ll be given free rein to develop innovative solutions that will forever change global communications, entertainment and enterprise IT. When the future has no boundaries, the possibilities are limitless.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.