Senior Engineer - Network Construction
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The role of Field Engineer / Vendor Manager is to ensure timely and accurate installation of telecommunication equipment in accordance with standards defined in Verizon’s IP72201 and Telcordia Technologies Generic Requirements, GR-1275-CORE and other Verizon and industry standards and practices.
In this role you’ll perform Field Engineering and Vendor Management roles across western New York. You’ll be responsible for engineering and installing the Domestic US Core Networks, Intelligent Edge Network (iEN), Unified Transport, FTTCS/5G, Voice and Data, and Transport Core networks. You will engineer and manage multiple simultaneous projects, from issuance of required engineering documentation through managing the entire installation lifecycle; in particular to resolve technical issues as they present themselves.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing multiple Capacity Creation Requests for new hardware deployments, reconfigurations, decommissions, and First Office Application (FOA) projects.
- Analyzing engineering recommendations from planning organizations.
- Analyzing CCRs for scope and nature of installation work.
- Interfacing with Operations and other implementation organizations in performing site surveys to obtain critical site-specific pre-engineering data prior to the build, as well as post installation redlines and end of job audits.
- Interfacing with Planners, Vendor Installers, Operations, NNI, Detail and Center Engineers in regards to new installations.
- Reviewing and verifying Pre-Engineering Checklists (PEC).
- Determining equipment requirements/configurations.
- Accurately identifying, monitoring, reporting, escalating, and resolving technical issues encountered throughout the build process.
- Monitoring material needed for installations and expediting as necessary.
- Releasing jobs to construction.
- Monitoring installation date trails for timely completions.
- Negotiating, coordinating, and driving/tracking the completion of project milestones with all appropriate stakeholders, to include third party turf vendors.
- Performing the end-of-job (EOJ) walkthrough / audit of build for IP72202 installation practice adherence.
- Facilitating and maintaining relationships with multiple service vendors, including standards creation and compliance, and conducting quality reviews – to include follow up remediation as appropriate and periodic performance reviews.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer-focused individual with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion, using conflict resolution, facilitation, solution-driven analysis, superior communication, team work, and project methodology in combination with technical expertise in telecom network engineering.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment and technologies such as NGROAM, Ciena, and Cisco.
- Experience in the Central Office or wireless environments.
- Experience with telecommunication equipment installations.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Field engineering or vendor management experience.
- Experience with Verizon Engineering Software (e.g., CoFEE, ICON, CCP, Venue, COEP, eMOP, WFM).
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS applications.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.