Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Telecommute
Careers at Solutran, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We create direct spending solutions driven by our extensive financial tech experience to help those we serve be healthier, happier and more productive. Our platform helps members manage their health plans, supplemental benefits and rewards all in one place. You’ll have the opportunity to make it easier for consumers to manage their own health by making healthier products more affordable and their purchases streamlined. If you are a driven individual that thrives in fast-paced environments, values diversity and wants meaningful work that impacts the lives of many, then this is the team for you. Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
Combine Fintech and Healthcare, two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get – leading edge technology that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about providing advanced, state-of-the-art payment solutions to help those we serve be healthier, happier, and more productive.
Careers at Solutran®, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group®, offer a unique and exciting opportunity to create large-impact, market-leading payments, and financial technology innovations, while delivering on the mission of improving the health and wellbeing of tens of millions of Americans.
Our industry-leading S3® payments platform is integrated at 35,000+ retail locations and supports some of the largest benefits and rewards programs in the world by offering value to consumers and directing the spending of funds to approved health-enhancing products and services. This advanced technology has led to Solutran’s rapid ascent to market leadership in healthcare benefits and has broader applicability across numerous other industries.
Working within a FinTech powerhouse, Solutran team members enjoy a culture of performance and collaboration, along with the resources and technology of a Fortune 5 company that comes with being a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our teams work in close partnership with the largest and most forward-thinking companies in America including Aetna, Anthem, CVS, General Mills, Kroger, UnitedHealthcare, Walmart, Walgreens and more. Learn more about our latest innovations at www.solutran.com.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you’re expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically verticals. Not to mention our solutions bring help to those who need it most.
The Sr. Infrastructure Administrator position is a key technical position in a leading FinTech company (Solutran) that is operating independently as part of Optum Financial/UHG. The corporate headquarters is based in Plymouth, MN but this is a remote position. The candidate must live in the U.S. and be eligible to work without sponsorship.
This position will have a primary focus on enhancing and supporting a highly available payment processing infrastructure that is currently hosted on-prem but will be moving to the public cloud. The ideal candidate would have experience with complex system and network administration activities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Must work in a team environment, which includes being involved in an on-call rotation
- Provide essential communication skills while working with vendors and clients
- Participate in weekly and/or monthly infrastructure maintenance exercises
- Provide subject matter expertise while working in highly available data center environments that span across multiple geographical locations
- Assist in recording and maintaining hardware and software inventories, licensing, and user access and security
- Assume different leadership role on internal project that help build collaboration, scalability, and secure all environments
- Demonstrate the need for security fundamentals and ensure policies and procedures are being executed across the environment
- Utilize security best practices to remediate finding in security audits (PCI, SOC, HIPAA, HISTRUST, and others)
- Provide subject matter expertise in enterprise security practices (Firewall, MFA, email filtering, web filtering, DNS filtering, IDS/IPS, and more)
- Assist with supporting firewall administration including but not limited to Palo Alto, Cisco, Watchguard, and others)
- Assist with routing, switching, load balancing, performance monitoring with Cisco, Watchguard, Palo Alto, Dell, Kemp Technologies, Total Uptime, Datadog, Progress WhatsUp Gold, and others
- Assist with supporting networking fundamentals. (LAN/WAN connectivity, VPN, static routing, dynamic routing (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP), SD-WAN and others)
- Assure 24/7/365 systems and network performance availability in the physical and virtual infrastructure utilizing different monitoring tools to diagnose, improve, and troubleshoot
- Provide subject matter expertise in virtualization technologies including virtualization networking components. (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Support and maintain physical data center hardware, including servers, security appliances, network devices, power distribution, and more
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, patch and upgrade server operating systems, such as Windows Server 2012 - 2022
- Assist and support with designing and implementing public cloud infrastructure for future scalability and reliability (OCI, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Assist in the design and engineering of automation for creating virtual networks and machine creation on premises and the public cloud
- Document and create diagrams outlining systems processes and environments
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time requirement, and compatibility
- Work with team members to ensure purchases such as maintenance agreements, support contracts, are kept current and available when needed
- Other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Supporting or managing high availability network infrastructure
- Supporting network reliability and availability in a large enterprise infrastructure including firewall, routing, switching, and load balancing technologies
- Information security and network operations
- Systems administration with virtualization technologies in an enterprise environment (VMWare, vSphere/ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, public cloud)
- Systems administration with Windows Server infrastructure in a large enterprise
- Supporting key components of production systems in a cloud environment (private or public)
- PowerShell, PowerCLI, and other scripting languages for accelerating system administration of large groups of servers
- Working with change control, incident management, problem management, and IT policies in an ITIL driven organization
- Knowledge of monitoring, testing methodologies, performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques in networking
- Working in an on prem datacenter environment
- Working with or designing cloud infrastructure (OCI, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Assisting with security audits such as PCI, HISTRUST, HIPAA, and SOC
Where you will work:
- This is a remote position; however, candidate must work in the U.S. and be eligible to work without sponsorship.
- This position does not require frequent travel.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.