Senior Data Engineer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
At Optum, we are leading the fastest moving industry in the world. Health care is transforming, and we are innovating to help make the health care system work better for everyone. Our elite technology teams are working on multiple projects that impact the lives of millions.
In this role you will serve in the capacity of GPT Operations PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle Database Team, working on administration of PostgreSQL, Oracle and MySQL databases.
Typical DBA tasks such as PostgreSQL installations, database backups and restores, database creation, refreshes, application of DB patches, review of DB for performance enhancements and monitoring for availability are performed regularly. This role works closely with application teams to help implement production and non-production database changes, work on incident tickets and requests, resolve performance issues, assists in application release deployments and is required to participate in Production On-Call rotation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Administration, configuration and installation of PostgreSQL Databases (14, 13, 12 and11 versions)
- Administration and configuration of MySQL Databases (8, 5.7)
- Monitoring database performance using tools such as PMM, OmniDB, PgAdmin, MySQL Workbench, Toad and recommend tuning options.
- Monitoring database storage consumption
- Perform PostgreSQL, MySQL DB backup and recovery
- Perform PostgreSQL, MySQL DB patching, investigate and remediate vulnerabilities
- Troubleshooting and resolving performance issues for PostgreSQL and MySQL databases
- Assist with SQL performance tunings
- Collaborate with teammates, clients and other teams to identify and address systems problems, provide input on current and new designs and resolve issues
- Review technical documentation to verify compliance with client requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
- Ability to multi-task and be able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Keep leadership apprised of current issues and propose recommendations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of PostgreSQL database administration experience
- 3+ years of MySQL database administration experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL replication and clustering
- Experience in monitoring and resolving PMM (Percona Management and Monitoring) Alerts and use of Alert Manager
- Linux experience
- Provide on-call support as part of team rotation
- Willingness and flexibility to cross train and support new DBA technologies and tools as part of today’s DevOps landscape
- Bachelor’s degree
- PostgreSQL and/or MySQL certification
- Database administration experience with Oracle Databases Exadata and x86 capacity a plus
- Professional experience in the Health Care industry
- Ansible, Golang, GitHub and Ruby on Rails experience
- Oracle database administration support (12c, 19c)
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.