Senior Salesforce Engineer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Come Join Optum IT in supporting Enterprise Resiliency & Response (ER&R) program ensuring that UnitedHealth Group is prepared to recover key businesses more quickly and help support employees, customers and members, our providers and impacted communities during crises. As a member of this team, you will be involved in building user-focused enhancements and innovative technical solutions to improve business efficiency through automation, while maintaining a security centered focus.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with application owners and System Architect to execute system integrations; work with application owners to build understanding of systems or APIs involved in integrations
- Understand how integrations impact enterprise systems and risk management tools
- Develop software that meets user story acceptance criteria
- Innovate for user experience
- Thoughtfully apply automation to improve user efficiency
- Automate test cases for fellow developers’ work
- Support internal and external business partners in development and maintenance of system
- Support production users through monitoring and working incident tickets
- Attend standups to keep others informed of your progress and to collaborate with fellow team members
- Ensure system is securely developed for reusability and resiliency
- Ensure code and configuration support enterprise scalability
- Review API documentation to understand how to develop integrations with given APIs or systems
- Provide guidance and coaching to India-based developers
- Identify areas of optimization, performance improvements and user experience benefits that exceed customer expectations
- Servant Leader: Must be able to garner respect from the team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Strategize all required data feeds that our customer needs and look to modernize import processes and potential to migrate core UHG confidential data back within our internal data lake and link this data back to Fusion via high-speed APIs
- Build an understanding or Business Continuity and Risk Management tools and trends
- Aware of current security trends ensuring we protect the business and our members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years Salesforce experience, Salesforce administration, Salesforce Platform Developer, tracking for PD2 (Bonus for Sales Cloud experience)
- 1+ years Agile Scrum experience
- CI/CD and test-driven development
- Automated testing tool experience
- Business Continuity and Risk Management experience
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, and design patterns
- Excellent debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.