Senior Network Engineer - Telecommute
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to and help lead multiple Network Engineering initiatives and projects consisting of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, testing, and integration
- Provide feedback on project status, milestones, and risks
- Develop LAN/WAN strategies; evaluate and select hardware and software products, implement and integrate these products into comprehensive solutions meeting company’s business requirements
- Performs after-hours systems support, installation, and maintenance as required
- Provide specialized technical expertise in researching and resolving complex technology network infrastructure problems which may involve coordination of hardware and software vendor support
- Advise team members on procedures, techniques, and requirements to insure maximum performance and availability of the company infrastructure. Recommend areas for improvement in both processes and systems
- Conduct implementations, conversions, and upgrades in a manner consistent with Standard Operating Procedures within company maintenance windows; including change management procedures
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, project managers, and stakeholders
- Author technical documentation such as network diagrams
- Work closely with vendors on implementation of products and services
- Ensure security and operational standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with UHG IT compliance requirements, HIPPA standards, and industry best practices
- Perform risk analysis to identify IT security issues and remediating plans. Identify and/or mitigate operational risks where appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal skills with the ability to create and maintain solid relationships with members of cross departmental teams and department team members
- Available to work after hours and on-call
- CCNP or higher certification
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Network Engineering
- 4+ years experience installing and maintaining Cisco routers, switches and wireless
- 2+ years documentation skills and use of programs such as Visio
- 2+ years managing multiple priorities and projects
- Experience with HPE/Aruba switches and wireless
- Solid interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to cross between technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of Cisco ISE and NAC
- Knowledge and experience with SD-WAN
- Skilled in a scripting language such as Python
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.