Senior Transmission Line Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Transmission Line Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with extra high voltage electric transmission line design. The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Engineer on electric transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead utility systems. He/she will apply NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will assist the team as well as independently perform: engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, plans and specifications; as well as prepare material procurement and construction documents, and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management.
The position offers the successful candidate to develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities. The candidate will also be responsible for managing client relations, proposal development, scope creation, and project management.
Work Location: Chicago, IL (with potential for partial or full remote) but all candidates located across the U.S. will be considered for fully remote.
• PLS-CADD, POLE, and TOWER
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Microsoft Office, SharePoint
Other Program Experience:
• Bentley MicroStation
• Bentley ProjectWise
• ESRI ArcGIS
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
• 8+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
• Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record preferred)
Desired Skills & Attributes:
• Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
• Ability to develop staff through mentoring
• Capability to review engineering calculations including PLS-CADD models.
• Knowledge of NESC code requirements, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement process, project schedule creation, and construction work packages.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.