Senior IAM Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is seeking an Identity & Access Management (IAM) Senior Security Engineer for the Global Network and Technology Network Security team focused on the overall engineering, integration, execution, and systems administration across all IAM platforms. Our Mission is to promote and maintain the security of Verizon’s and other assets to protect them from internal and external threats by providing simplified secure access to the increasingly heterogeneous technology environments of Verizon’s network resources and services.
- Development, implementation, and successful operationalization of Enterprise IAM tools.
- Resolve technical issues in the IAM platform.
- Perform problem tracking, diagnosis and root-cause analysis, replication, troubleshooting, and resolution for moderately complex issues.
- Assist in determining threats and identify risks and vulnerabilities to the organization, and direct corrective actions.
- Participate in design, code, and test inspections throughout the product life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues.
- Present technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- Provide L3/L4 technical support to the operations team as required.
- Develop and test code to deliver functionality that meets the overall business strategy and objectives.
- Become proficient with corporate and industry security requirements/best practices.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Information Security Officers (ISOs), IT Portfolios, and Business units to support their needs.
- Act as an advocate of information security policies, standards, controls and as an enabler to the business while managing risk appropriately.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in IT, application development and support, and Cybersecurity.
- Experience with system build and administration of Windows server 2016 -2019.
- Experience with system build and administration of Linux - RHEL/CENTOS 7/8/9 and Ubuntu.
- Experience working in virtualized environments with VMWare/Docker.
- Experience with Cisco UCS.
- Experience with networking/firewall troubleshooting connectivity.
- Experience with LDAP/ Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Powershell/Python scripting.
- Experience with load balancing (e.g., HAProxy, F5).
- Knowledge of Splunk.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Security certification (e.g., Security+, CISSP, GIAC).
- Four or more years of combined experience in IT, application development and support, and Cybersecurity with highly scalable online transactional systems.
- Extensive experience with .NET C# Development Experience. MS SQL Server Database and T-SQL.
- Web Service development experience.
- MVC 4/5 development experience.
- RESTful Web API development experience.
- Experience with either of the following technologies: AWS, Python, Telerik / Kendo, ComponentArt, ASP.NET, SAP, JSON, XML, XSLT, SOAP, jQuery, Razor, UNIX, SEOS, Windows Server 2016/2019, TFS, CyberArk, Active Directory, Powerbroker, WCF, WPF.
- Experience managing access to critical systems and automation of provisioning processes and application development at large and complex Fortune 100 Company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities and challenging situations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.