Senior Process Improvement Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The person in this position will be responsible for improving and monitoring organizational processes within the Tracfone organization with the aim of making them as efficient as possible.
- Collaborating with Business Owners and Engineers to gain understanding of processes through information gathering and interviews.
- Taking the lead on selecting an approach to managing issues, risks and requirements; deciding how to monitor and report on process improvements.
- Working with stakeholders to help them understand their requirements within the scope of a project.
- Ensuring the project team and stakeholders stay in agreement on project scope. Define business needs; identify gaps in current capabilities that stop those needs from being met.
- Analyzing requirements for projects to determine types of technical documentation needed.
- Developing and writing material for policies, procedures, and work instructions related to operational and system processes.
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of technical documentation.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in external Process Improvement /Business Analysis.
- Experience in reading and interpreting technical reports.
- Experience in writing policies and procedures according to set standards, style, and format.
- Experience in presenting information to management and department heads.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio).
- Experience in Compliance/risk related projects.
- Knowledge of Process/Quality/Business improvement methodologies.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Visio).
- Knowledge of how to interpret data.
- Experience in working as a cohesive team member in a culturally diverse environment.
- Knowledge of Statistics and Process Control.
- Knowledge of Visual Basics for Applications (VBA).
- Knowledge of Business Process Management.
- Experience in the following technologies/processes: Database/SQL knowledge, Atlassian tool suite including Jira, Networking technologies, Agile methodologies.
- Good Communication skills, both verbal and written and Interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of having high level of motivation and being flexible.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Experience in TracFone.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.