Senior Engineer - Application Development
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Sr Full Stack developer for the Verizon e-commerce Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will be responsible for developing the application which takes care of the sales flows on the www.verizon.com and MVA-Sales. You should be willing to challenge designs when efficiencies or errors are found to ensure the code is delivered adhering to the industry standards.
- Working with software development teams to gather requirements and ensure best practices are adhered.
- Building and creating front end applications using React JS, Redux.
- Building and creating back end applications using the Spring Boot framework
- Building React Components with React Hooks, memorization techniques.
- Building the common components which can be leveraged to use across different applications.
- Integrating webpack and customizing webpack configurations to have the build sizes to improve the performance.
- Building real time components using web sockets.
- Designing, implementing & supporting solutions for application development, security, analytics and performance management.
- Conforming to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to fortify scan and other security tool review requirements.
- Conducting code reviews for yourself, junior members of the team and doing peer code reviews to make sure code is following standards set forward by the architects.
- Running test scripts against code to ensure quality delivery.
- Resolving production code issues with maximum urgency, as needed.
- Conducting root cause analysis and communicate to peers and management.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant discipline.
- Experience in programming with React JS, Redux.
- Experience in distributed systems development like Spring5 MVC.
- Experience writing queries on NoSQL databases like Elastic.
- Knowledge of working with Redis in-memory data store and use it as cache.
- Experience with at least one data pipeline tool such as Kafka.
- Experience with Spring Reactive framework, Microservices.
- Detail oriented abilities to ensure code meets user stories details.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of current industry standards for secure web and mobile design.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.