Senior Data Engineer - Telecommute
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designing, developing, creating schemas, maps, pipelines and orchestrations and administering using Biztalk
- Consume and develop business requirements and create technical design and supporting documentation for data integration development
- Develop data integration components including EDI, data mapping, XML, file transfers and monitoring
- Create technical design documentation in adherence to business, source system, target system, and solution architecture requirements
- Collaborate with team members to ensure data integration development and implementation is in accordance with other design components and meets end-state requirements and HIPAA compliance
- Understand the upstream and downstream data impacts and applies business rules used to govern data transformations
- Build & test ETL scripts that is critical for the EDI application source data
- Troubleshoot, performance tune and monitor the data ingress and egress processes and build internal controls to maintain data quality
- Deploy new upgrades and releases to production
- Be able to complete assigned activities with minimal supervision.
- Support and Triage day-to-day operational requests on EDI, including identifying any technical problems with sending/receiving transactions such as claims, encounters, enrollment, provider data, authorization data and clinical data.
- Coordinate with partners, health plans, providers, vendors and internal departments to address new setup and technical issues related to EDI.
- Work with end users to ensure user acceptance testing meets business data requirements
- Able to handle a matrixed work environment and adhoc requests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Integration Services, SQL, C# .Net, Web API, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012/2013, Biztalk, and JSON
- 3+ years of experience working in health care industry
- EDI programming experience and EDI specifications (ANSI x12 837,834, 5010, 999, 277,835 etc.)
- Experience with XML and SOAP-based architectures as well as RESTful web services
- Experience with file transport services and mechanisms, i.e. FTP, SFTP, Secure File Transfer
- Understanding of basic computing technologies/protocols, i.e. DNS, SMTP, PGP, TCP/IP, etc.
- Expert knowledge of HL7 standards
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar field
- Experience working with PHI and in a HIPAA compliant environment
- Solid understanding of data warehouse processes and OLAP concepts
- Expertise writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedure
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.