Senior Quality Automation Engineer- Dublin (Hybrid)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
About the Role:
As a Senior Quality Automation Engineer, you will be an integral part of the design, build out and rollout of exciting new product and service solutions. Senior Quality Engineer is essential for ensuring the software platform fully meets our stakeholder’s quality expectations. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from an Industry Leader.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior Quality Automation Engineer
- Designing and overseeing the overall strategy of QA automation for the entire software platform
- Applying established vision of automated QA processes via hands on work across all areas of development
- Mentoring other QAs on how to apply established automation patterns and tools
- Solving the most difficult aspect of QA automation
- Defining defect lifecycle process, establishing processes, identifying dashboard and metrics that will need to be maintained to provide insights into the platform’s overall quality
- Design and oversee QA environment strategy and provisioning to maintain appropriate quality across all stakeholders
- Contribute to discussion and solutioning on test process and testing strategy.
- Apply innovative manual and automated testing concepts
- Be an innovator, and bring new ideas on tools, techniques, and concepts into the team.
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Quality Engineer
- Undergraduate degree in IT field or equivalent experience
- Working experience with one or more of the following test tools and frameworks: Selenium, Jmeter, Gatling, Spock, Source Labs, Pearcy, Puppeteer etc
- Expertise in testing using Data Expectations for Data Quality purposes (experience using tools such as Databricks and/or Great Expectations would be highly preferred).
- Experience in Software Development Testing (Unit testing, Acceptance Testing UI automation, API testing, Performance Testing)
- Experience setting up Testing Frameworks from scratch with the ability to determine and analyze various tools and concepts.
- Ability to participate in high level testing strategy discussions
- Knowledge of manual testing concepts such as exploratory testing
- Strong experience working with cross-browser testing
- Demonstrable experience working with relational (row and column store) databases as well as NoSQL databases
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Quality Engineer:
- Post Graduate degree in IT field or equivalent experience
- External certification like ITQSB, CMSQ etc.
- Demonstrable experience working with Big Data Warehouses (Modern Lakehouse), NoSQL and relational databases
- Strong experience with integration testing using API (i.e., Rest / Graph), Service Bus (i.e. Kafka), Batch file copy via ETL (i.e. Azure Data Factory)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be beneficial
- Exposure to working in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge and practical experience testing React.js and Java applications
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.