Senior Security Incident Response Engineer - Remote
Purpose of Job This role is analyst(s) for the Security Incident Response Team. As the team has developed into a 24/7 365 operation, we require strong individual contributors that will investigate, analyze and contain security incidents.
- Provide engineering consulting and implementation expertise in support of new initiatives
- Triage and lead security, policy and privacy related events and incidents
- Hold stakeholders accountable for remediation actions
- Produce detailed incident reports and security recommendations
- Mentor analysts, providing training and guidance through complex incidents
- Integrate and collaborate with other subject matter experts throughout the organization
- Liaison with Cyber Defense, Privacy, Compliance, Legal, and Architecture teams
- Influence the creation and/or adoption of new standards and procedures
- Identify deficiencies in processes and tools, make corrective recommendations, and drive implementation of solutions and efficiencies
- Recommends security controls and/or corrective actions for mitigating technical and business risk
- Review security tools for opportunities to improve alerting for the SOC team
- Manage personal project work
- Work with leadership to develop personal performance goals
- 4 or more years of IT Security or Cyber Security experience in any of the following areas:
- Incident Response
- Email Security
- Data Protection\Governance
- Cybersecurity threat detection, monitoring and reporting
- Cyber Intelligence and Threat Hunting
- Vulnerability Management
- Must be able to obtain NAC clearance
- Must be able to work off shift and on call hours if needed (e.g. Nights and Weekends)
- Experience analyzing attack vectors, current threats, and security remediation strategies
- Experience with SIEM technologies, EDR technologies, and/or Asset isolation tools
- Networking experience (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture
- Information Technology Industry Certifications: Must have one (1) information/cybersecurity certifications or agree to obtain certification within nine (9) months of hire (CISSP, CISA, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, ECIH, ECA, CCSP)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- PowerShell, KQL, or Python scripting experience
- Strong ability to collaborate, delegate tasks and drive deadline compliance in a highly regulated, time sensitive environment
- High level familiarity of global privacy regulations (NY Cyber, GDPR, LGPD)
- Prior incident response experience in public cloud platforms, including: Azure, AWS and/ or Google Cloud Platform
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.