SAS Senior Data Engineer - UHC M&R Health Adv - STARS - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Stars Data Operations, Quality, & Governance team is seeking an experienced SAS Sr. Data Engineer to be part of a team of developers and analysts that are creating and supporting solutions to benefit the M&R line of business within United Health Care.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop batch software on the UNIX platform utilizing Korn shell scripting as a wrapper to execute SQL, SAS and/or Perl programs
- Maintain and enhance the source code and process flow for the department’s SAS production environment
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout the M&R Stars team to understand needs of supported processes
- Follow departmental standards and best practices for coding, testing and documentation
- The applicant would enjoy full responsibility for supporting the activities related to the collection, review, cleansing, quality, and reporting of data end-user adoption of our BI applications
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations, information/data flow, incorporate security requirements into design
- Translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/enhance those
- Partnering with business analysts and product owners to understand their business needs and drivers to design a quality information delivery solution (reports / dashboards / analytics) to meet their needs
- Developing subject matter expertise in the line of business they are supporting, the systems they use, and the details of the data to help develop quality solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience as an Application Developer with a focus on SAS programming and data analytics
- 2+ years of experience writing customized code in SAS, including macro programming and connecting to external data stores
- Comfort and experience working in a Unix and Windows environment
- Solid experience working with Base SAS Programming
- Solid experience working with SAS Macro Programming
- Solid experience working with SQL Server
- Experience with Power BI & Tableau
- Experience using GitHub
- Experience with Snowflake Data Loading, Tasks, Procedures, and Database Change Management
- Experience with Teradata
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.