***Senior Data Engineer - Telecommute in Little Rock, AR
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Little Rock, AR, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- As a member of the Optum Data Management team, the Data Engineer supports the Arkansas Medicaid Decision Support System (DSS) by developing and maintaining workflows
- Identifying and resolving data quality issues, and optimizing processes to improve performance
- The Data Engineer will also support intrastate agencies by monitoring automated data extracts and working directly with state partners to create new extracts based on business specifications
The preferred candidate will be a creative thinker who is comfortable working independently or in teams. They will be a quick learner who is confident they can master a complex ETL model with little guidance. Previous Azure, Snowflake, Informatica, Azure Data Factory or cloud migration experience is a plus.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Extract Transform and Load (ETL) Developer experience preferably in a Data Warehouse project environment
- 5+ years of Business Intelligence experience, including writing complex queries using SQL
- 3+ years developing ETL using Informatica PowerCenter, SSIS, Azure Data Factory, or similar tool
- 3+ years of experience creating stored procedures with Oracle PL/SQL or SQL Server T-SQL
- 3+ years analyzing project requirements and developing detailed specifications for ETL requirements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of Python or Linux scripting
- 3+ years of data modeling experience in a data warehouse environment
- 3+ years designing data models using ERwin or similar modeling tool
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) experience in a cloud environment
- Experience with Cloud-based tools and environments, such as Snowflake, Azure
- Experience migrating from Client/server-based environments to Cloud-based architecture
- Experience with Medicaid, Healthcare data or MMIS systems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.