Senior Data Engineer
Are you looking for your next challenge?
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join us on a permanent basis. We need talented individuals to apply their software development and data engineering skills for solving problems with data across a number of critical UK sectors.
We are on a mission to ensure that Leidos stands out in what is becoming an increasingly popular market place. It means creative solutions to problems using innovative design implementation and testing of systems and services with a focus on scalability and sustainability.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
You will work closely with the Practice Lead, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists to form an integral part of the team. Our team comprises of a blend of seasoned experts and intermediate level engineers. It is a great place to be able to use your skills, learn from others and form one of the best performing teams in the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Line and Task Management of your team
• Build, Maintain and Operate Data environments in the cloud
• Debug and resolve data processing and analytics issues
• Being proactive in evaluating and developing tools and technologies in improving the data analytics platforms
• Architect and/or evaluate data analytics solutions
• Supporting the development of data migration, data integration and data processing processes
• Sharing and collaborating with analytics and dev-ops teams
• Supporting the creation of project plans, identification of risks, and generation of risk mitigation plans
What Does Leidos Need From Me?
As a minimum you will have:
• Experience of configuring and using ETL platforms specifically on AWS including DMS and SCT (Snow Family experience advantageous)
• Experience of setting up and administering AWS for Data Migration;
• Experience of Oracle or DB2;
• Experience of working in an agile software development environment (SAFe experience advantageous)
• Experience estimating task effort and identifying dependencies
• Experience of managing a small team to complete set deliverables;
• Excellent communication skills
• SAFe Agile Certification;
• Line Management Experience;
• Familiarity with Python;
• Experience of Hadoop;
• Azure Certified;
• AWS Certified.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plan that enhance your future.Pay Range:
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.