Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer - Hyrbid
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be working on and bring you experience as a Data Engineer to the EAG and Cyber Security projects, assisting the team with mentoring and the development of more junior team members. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from an Industry Leader.
This is a full-time position with standard working hours of Monday – Friday, standard business hours.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
Primary Responsibilities of a Data Engineer:
- Design and build data pipelines (mostly in Databricks/Spark/DBT) to process terabytes of data
Orchestrate in Azure Data Factory/Airflow the data tasks to run on Azure Functions for the ingestion, processing and cleaning of data.
- Create Docker images for various applications and deploy them on Azure
- Design and build best in class processes to clean and standardize data.
- Design and build tests in Great Expectations
- Troubleshoot production issues in our Azure Environment
- Tuning and optimizing data processes
- Share Proof of Concepts for Big Data and Data Science
- Modelling of big volume datasets to maximize performance for our customers
- Sustainment of existing data pipelines
Required Qualifications of a Data Engineer:
- Developing processes in Spark/Databricks/Relational Databases
- Writing complex SQL queries
- Building ETL/data pipelines
- Exposure to Kubernetes or Docker
- Related/complementary open-source software platforms and languages (e.g. Scala, Python, Java, Linux) (Python preferred)
- Previous experience with Relational Databases (RDBMS) & Non- Relational Database
- Problem-solving experience applied to a Big Data environment and Distributed Processing.
- Experience working in projects with agile/scrum methodologies
- Exposure to DevOps methodology
- Data warehousing principles (eg Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault), architecture and its implementation in large environments
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.