Senior Engineer Network Construction
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are constantly innovating to bring the latest technologies to our customers and you can be part of this team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining America’s largest and most reliable cellular network. As a Senior Construction Engineer, you will lead a wide range of internal and external partners as well as vendors to lead all aspects of construction and maintenance for a regional network of cell site and small cell projects. Your vital role will ensure that these multi-stakeholder, complex projects are delivered on time, to specifications, and within budget. The vast majority of scope and skillset required for this role is construction and project management. As a Senior Engineer you will Interface with internal cross functional teams and external vendors such as general contractors, the Power Company, municipality planning, construction, and inspection officials.
- Collaborating with partners to establish project designs, scope, deliverables and timelines.
- Developing and maintaining detailed schedules for each project and actively running the scheduled tasks with outside vendors including major breakthroughs, action items, long lead purchases, and any other commitments that would impact the project timeline.
- Analyzing implications of changes from the original schedule and taking required corrective actions to ensure the project stays on track.
- Providing regular project status reports to management and the project team.
- Coordinating and leading all aspects of the issuance of RFQs and the evaluation of responses, based on purchasing requirements, and providing detailed analysis and recommendations for the best candidates.
- Requests and manages budgetary funding requests and purchase orders for their projects.
- Leading new or large program deployments, on boards new vendors and provides guidance to junior engineers.
- Will utilize FUZE, Ops Tracker, PeopleSoft, UneFi, and various Microsoft and Google applications.
- Serve as a Subject matter Expert (SME) in some aspects of construction, modification, or equipment configurations.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy handling complex, large-scale projects impacting a large variety of partners, both internal and external. You have a keen eye for detail, but never lose sight of the big picture. Being results-driven and well-organized, you are adept at identifying potential project roadblocks and developing mitigation strategies. Strong communication and team building skills enable you to negotiate with internal and external partners to ensure nothing gets in the way of success. You thrive in a fast-paced, high demand environment, making effective decisions quickly, and juggling opposing priorities with ease.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing projects and process/program management.
- Experience with budget tracking, cost estimation, and cost accounting of capital plans.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- A valid driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of working with Ericsson/Nokia, DC plant design, and general construction knowledge.
- Knowledge of fiber installation and standards.
- Experience in telecommunications / data networking or wireless industry.
- Verizon Fuze and other internal Verizon systems and tools experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.