Senior Radio Frequency Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our network engineering team keeps us ahead of the competition. As a Senior RF Engineer, you’ll be redesigning mature network areas to minimize capacity constraints and improve Signal Noise Ratio (SINR)/customer experience while working with other areas of the network to ensure performance fixes and initiatives are in place. Senior RF Engineers should be able to use a wide variety of tools to ensure optimal and reliable service for Verizon Wireless customers, as well as constantly evaluate and improve performance trends for the optimal network that we’re known for.
The engineer is required to understand new features, technologies, and tools to help determine design and deployment strategies for the submarket, while influencing the greater goals of the business. The Senior RF Engineer will be responsible to provide direction to peers and vendors in support of design, deployment and testing.
- Managing search area issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals.
- Partnering with System Performance to improve various network KPIs.
- Using internal tools to process daily site related tasks and regulatory compliance.
- Working on new cell sites, making sure the site is properly integrated into the network and optimized for peak performance.
- Performing Macro/Small Cell design, zoning hearing, including antenna selection and placement.
- Using knowledge of VoLTE, LTE, and 5G to contribute to network design.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You take ownership of issues and their successful resolution. You’re proactive, driven to find improvement opportunities, and creative and persistent in solving problems. Your outstanding time management, prioritization, and planning skills help you thrive in a dynamic work environment. A committed teammate, mentoring and developing more junior team members is important to you.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in RF design and optimization.
- A degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- Experience in design & optimization of LTE/VoLTE/5G networks.
- Knowledge of LTE network KPIs and key parameters.
- Experience in Model Tuning.
- Knowledge of various RF tools such as MapInfo or post processing software.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting or VB Scripting.
- Knowledge of Excel, including VB macro creation and worksheet manipulation.
- Experience in RF Design with Ericsson equipment.
- Experience in Site/Candidate selection & Review for new locations.
- Knowledge of RF theory and practice, as well as LTE/VoLTE/5G technology.
- Knowledge of Antenna - selecting the right antenna.
- Knowledge of propagation modelling software as Atoll.
- Experience in ATOLL, Visio, Mapinfo, Google Earth, Word, PowerPoint, Excel are a must along with worksheet manipulation.
- Knowledge of 5G standards.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence across functions.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.