Senior Network Device Evaluation Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Wireless, Network Device Evaluation and Performance Team is the primary point of ownership for Technical Approval (TA) of devices from all channels (Branded Retail, Open Development, M2M, Wholesale, Open Market, Business Direct Fill, Modules, and Chipsets). You will apply a deep understanding of wireless standards, device architecture, feature functionality, network device interaction scenarios, and device requirements to perform final validation and approval of devices to operate on the Verizon Wireless network.
- Working on end-to-end test life cycle management of traditional, and non-traditional, wireless devices employing 5G, LTE, and legacy wireless access technologies for multiple devices simultaneously.
- Applying proficiency in automated testing using all common test and measurement equipment (E.g.: Spirent / Agilent / R&S / Keysight / Comprion / Anritsu, etc.) in standard and non-standard configurations.
- Creating partnership with device vendors, test equipment vendors, and internal teams to identify and develop testing solutions for the overall success of the business.
- Applying experience in cellular wireless network/device testing, test plan development and test methodology.
- Applying analytical and troubleshooting skills to quickly identify problems.
- Working with device manufactures and internal teams to resolve issues with a sense of urgency to meet target launch dates and business commitments.
- Using issue tracking systems and tools to report & document test results.
- Working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, while keeping up with new technology and network evolution to deliver the best customer experience and device performance.
- Reacting quickly to customer issues by helping to reproduce problems in the lab and / or field by working closely with post launch and field test teams.
- Providing leadership to root cause analysis on device issues and implement improvement plans based on lessons learned.
- Interfacing to device OEM/ODM and Device Marketing for the owned devices, generating and presenting status updates at project meetings and weekly calls.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager. This position can be located in other valid Verizon locations.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science.
- Three or more years of experience in wireless devices and network infrastructure testing 5G, LTE and legacy 3G.
- Knowledge of test management databases systems.
- Experience leading and coordinating technical projects, preferably in wireless device/network testing.
- Experience with test tracking tools and issues reporting systems.
- Experience following processes and contributing to process improvements.
- Experience with GSM / UMTS / CDMA / EVDO / LTE / 5G diagnostic monitoring and debugging tools such as QXDM, CAIT, LLDM, Ethereal, etc.
- Knowledge with wireless standards and industry organizations such as 3GPP, 3GPP2, ETSI, GSMA, PTCRB, GCF, etc.
- Experience in test systems and test automation environment for effective use of automated testing.
- Self-motivated with strong technical leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication; both verbal and written.
- Strong team working and team building skills.
- Leadership qualities with attention to detail.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of SDLC.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.