Senior Engineer-Network Equipment
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Your role is instrumental in upgrading wireless infrastructure to the latest technology on a timely basis, and well as maintaining quality and performance of existing assets. The individual will work seamlessly with internal teams and vendors to coordinate all equipment related efforts.
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple Network teams, including RF Design, Real Estate, Transport, Construction, Network Assurance, and System Performance, to ensure required technology upgrades are implemented properly. Deployment schedules and priorities are communicated with vendors and all involved engineering groups so that timelines are met.
- Managing all purchasing and asset management activities using VZW platforms and supplemental tracking so that financial metrics are met.
- Working with vendors to obtain quotes, negotiate pricing, and ensure their products and services meet Verizon Wireless’ requirements at best cost.
- Monitoring compliance with all Verizon Wireless & industry standards and practices.
- Ensuring that inspection and verifications are performed for all installs, and that all quality standards are met.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy working in a dynamic environment with multiple teams that are all united in a common goal of improving the network for our customers. You are empowered to own and manage projects, and to determine creative solutions that facilitate success.
You’ll need to have:
- Associates degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of wireless technology and infrastructure, including shelter and tower design, equipment configurations, TELCO interface, DC power systems.
- Knowledge of databases, Microsoft Office applications, web-based applications, and software tool packages.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Excellent team, project management and communications skills.
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, and be able to work independently.
- Experience in purchasing, inventory and asset management.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.