Senior Engineer Consultant - Front End
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Senior Engineer Consultant position will be part of the Tracfone IT Run domain, responsible for providing Level 3 support for Tracfone Front-Ends Technologies, especially for PROD environments. This position will be aiding in three core areas: “Cloud Engineering and Administration”, “Systems Stability” and “Systems Support”.The duties also include following best practices and automation. This position is responsible for managing implementations and integrations with a strong focus on reliability, capacity planning, change management and impact analysis. These capabilities will be translated to minimizing revenue impacting incidents and mitigating risks.
- Cloud Engineering and Administration.
- Maintaining, Modifying, and improving existing systems on AWS and GCP cloud.
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate, identify and implement optimal cloud solutions.
- Designing, automating, and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Collaborating to improve observability and tracing across all owned components.
- Enforcing continuous process improvement to increase systems resiliency, efficiency and performance.
- Planning of cloud-based applications.
- Supporting and testing efforts in conjunction with QE Team for performance monitoring.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Technical assistance: frontend applications, connectivity, and SSL/TLS troubleshooting and resolution.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST Webservices Management with API gateways.
- Experience in AWS or any other Cloud technology.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Cloud IAC (Infrastructure as Code) and automation with Shell.
- Knowledge of principles relation to Fault-Tolerance, Load Balancing, Redundancy, Clustering.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Configuration Management.
- Experience in application performance monitoring and logging tools.
- Ability to Communicate and Collaborate effectively.
- Ability to troubleshoot SSL/TLS and Network connectivity Issues.
- Experience with CDN and WAF technologies.
- Experience in administrating, configuring, upgrading, deploying, and monitoring Cloud infrastructure, platforms, and web applications.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.