Senior Civil-Site Engineer
Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking a Senior Civil-Site Engineer to join our site/civil department to work on a variety of electric utility projects. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve site/civil design engineering for both large and small scale utility projects. Candidates who have commercial/industrial site development experience will also be considered for the position.
This position will ideally be staffed at the Leidos office in Portland, OR. However, the following locations will also be considered for this position:
- Seattle, WA
- Spokane, WA
- Boise, ID
- Eugene, OR
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Mission Leidos Engineering is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Solutions Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Power Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Land development permitting including NPDES, stormwater management, and knowledge of other typical local, state, and/or federal regulations and permit requirements
- Research additional site data through various sources
- Site layout, grading, and drainage design
- Stormwater modeling and design
- Erosion and sediment control design
- Access road design
- Utility coordination and design
- Retaining wall layout and design
- Documentation of all supporting calculations
- Quantity take-offs
- Construction drawings
- Construction specifications
- Construction observation and field engineering
- Coordination and collaboration with other design disciplines
What Sets You Apart (Required):
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer with 4-6 years of directly applicable civil-site design experience
- Experience with Hydraflow, ICPR, and various other hydrologic and hydraulic modeling & design programs
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and other general software tools
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Willing to travel, up to 25%
- Authorized to work in U.S.
Favorable If You Have:
- P.E. license
- Masters degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software (preferred) and/or MicroStation OpenSite Designer software (considered)
- Team player with ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Able to execute projects and handle clients successfully with limited supervision
Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path. Apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.