Senior Program Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Program Engineer who will manage a dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment, solving challenging problems in the utility sector. The candidate must have a strong educational background in civil or electrical engineering design. Experience in managing projects, performing transmission engineering design, scheduling, multi-discipline collaboration, and customer relationship management is desired. This position will consist of coordinating a portfolio of projects by proactive management of project workloads, scheduling resources, attending project meetings and site walkdowns with clients and Leidos team, and partnering with cross functional design teams for transmission projects.
This position is a leadership role in a growing team. The individual will focus on managing high profile large account clients as well as assisting with growing the client base for our team. The main focus will be placed on successfully executing client projects by interfacing with a large project team, attending internal and client facing meetings, procuring necessary design inputs, overseeing workflow, and ensuring quality control is maintained and design packages are submitted on time. Site-visits to client ROW/facilities are expected to be part of the work, along with occasional travel for client meetings and industry related events.
Ideally, this position will be filled by a candidate local to Massachusetts.
Additional focus areas of this position include:
- Develop a project pipeline through business development with the client and contributing to bids and proposal development.
- Participate in project set-up and scoping, including preliminary engineering consultation; kick-off development and/or participation; and baselining of scope, schedule, and budget.
- Liaise with clients to maximize affinity and foster long-term relationship building.
- Promote continuous improvement to develop streamlined processes and tools that facilitate improvements to departmental technical resources via innovation and automation.
The successful candidate must hold paramount quality control and safe work practices while driving the team’s adherence to project scope, schedule, and budget expectations. This position will be a senior member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and drafting technicians.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering – Required.
- 5+ years of experience with a utility or an engineering consulting company servicing the power industry – Required.
- PE Licensure – Preferred.
- Experience with project management software such as Microsoft Project, P6, or Workfront is desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of programs is required.
- Familiarity with transmission engineering design practices and quality control is required.
- Familiarity with PLS-CADD software is required.
- Familiarity with MFAD software is preferred.
- Familiarity with NESC and MA CMR 220 is required.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
- Business acumen and a record of understanding and meeting key project performance metrics.
- Team player with ability to communicate with clients and staff.
- Willingness to travel, up to 25%.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Pay Range:Pay Range $87,100.00 - $157,450.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:09/19/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.