Senior Network Engineer
Working in IBM Cloud gives you the platform to learn, develop and utilize your skills everyday by working on the latest cloud related technology products and services. You'll be working in an environment where we understand how we can thrive best when we play to our strengths. That's why developing our people is key to our success, the door is always open for those ready to advance their career.
Curiosity and courageous thinking are both vital when working in IBM Cloud, as we continue our dedication in guaranteeing that we are at the forefront of cloud technology. Our renowned legacy means we are leading the way in everything from analytics and security through to unmatched hardware & software designs. We provide our clients with the full end-to-end transformation as we build IBM's next generation cloud platform which is focused around delivering performance and predictability at a global scale.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Security Operational Services team is seeking a senior network engineer that enjoys solving problems and working on cloud-based environments. Qualified candidates will have strong network troubleshooting skills, drive to ensure robust network performance, and support secure communications with a high number of connected customers. The role requires excellent collaboration with team members and other IT organizations to successfully support the suite of tools offered by the team.
Essential Job Duties:
- Understand requirements and build connectivity following the security architecture
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues
- Effectively communicate with customers and partners via phone, chat and case regarding technical issues.
- Perform day-to-day operations and manage Firewall, VPN, and Load Balancer devices
- Have Multicloud experience ( AWS/AZURE/Google Cloud )
- Network protocols/technologies: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), IPv4/6, Internet Protocol Security (IPSec VPN), Server Load
- Balancing, LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol), OpenVPN.
- Cisco, Juniper, Fortigate, or other firewall/router knowledge. Experience in Vyatta/VyOS is plus.
- Troubleshooting with Wireshark/tcpdump.
- Understanding of Cloud-based software development using technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Istio, Project Calico
- System Administration: Linux, Shell/Python/Perl scripting, AD/LDAP.
Austin, TX, Research Triangle Park, NC & Poughkeepsie,, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years experience working in the cloud computing industry with focus around networking, firewalls, network automation.
- 2+ years experience troubleshooting complex issues using problem determination best practices
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years experience working in the cloud computing industry with focus around networking, firewalls, network automation.
- 4+ years experience troubleshooting complex issues using problem determination best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM