Senior Cyber AI/ML Engineer
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos National Security Sector combines technology-enabled services and mission software capabilities in the areas of cyber, logistics, security operations, and decision analytics to support our defense and intel customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is to ensure our customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos is hiring for a Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer in Columbia, MD. You will serve on a mission-critical project that will leverage your skills to ensure delivery of a premier Security Operations Center (SOC) prototype solution to the customer. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop new and improve existing AI/ML models operating on various forms of cybersecurity data to identify anomalies and events of interest.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Active Top Secret security clearance required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field and 10+ years of software development or data science experience.
- Strong demonstrated experience with AI/ML.
- Strong software development experience with Python.
- Cybersecurity domain knowledge or demonstrated experience working with cybersecurity related data.
- Experience/ knowledge of computer science concepts, data architecture, and experience/knowledge of statistics.
- Demonstrated experience using statistical and machine learning techniques including supervised and unsupervised learning and natural language processing.
- Self-motivated and able to provide leadership to other developers and team members.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Favorable if you have:
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or similar field.
- Demonstrated experience leading Research and Development projects.
- Experience with cybersecurity data from SIEM, Endpoint, Network, or Threat Intelligence.
- Experience with SOAR products and concepts.
- Experience working in containerized environments (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Knowledge of agile development processes and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence.
Pay Range:Pay Range $122,200.00 - $220,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/08/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.