Senior Network Engineer
Leidos is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to be part of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/DATACENTER/WAN.
This position will work with engineers on various technical projects. This could include but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations and relocations.
• Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
• Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems.
• Interface with customers, vendors and technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
• Engineer/implement technical solutions from a cradle to grave technical approach.
• Lead a team of engineers on projects, ensuring everyone is properly utilized to provide a finalized technical solution/implementation.
• Assist/train engineers on new technologies to better the organizations technical expertise
• Understanding of software automation tools and ability to incorporate programming languages to do the repetitious tasks.
• Document engineering standards, supports the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
• Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Effectively complete individual projects and tasks with some oversight.
• Engineer first article work on multiple system environments.
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
• Requires a Bachelor and at least 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience preferred or 16 years of relevant career experience in lieu of degree.
• Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance w/Poly is required
• Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on dynamic routing protocols, such as, BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF. Knowledge configuring GRE and IPSEC Tunnels, MPLS, DMVPN, Pseudowires, VPLS and Remote Site and Site-to-Site VPNs. Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge in network dev-ops utilizing python, API’s, network automation, Netconf, restconf, netmiko, yaml, jinja2, ansible.
• Network Engineering Experience in AWS, Asure, and other Cloud network engineering vendors.
• Design and implementation of datacenter technologies using nexus platforms.
• Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools, such as, SYSLOG, SNMP, Solarwinds, ISE, etc.
• Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco Routers, Switches, Nex Gen Firewalls, ESXi, VMware.
• Utilizing Juniper SRX equipment and Palo-Alto Firewalls to engineer boundary protection mechanisms.
• Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACS, PKI, firewall policies, DNS, Active Directory, and 802.1x.
• Engineering solutions with Cisco Call Manger and VTC technologies.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
Pay Range:Pay Range $122,200.00 - $220,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/08/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.