Senior Transmission Line Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Transmission Line Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with electric transmission.
The successful candidate will serve as an Engineer on electric transmission line design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead and underground systems for some of the largest utilities in the country.
This person will apply NESC, ASCE, ACI and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead and underground systems, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects, and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will perform engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, draft plans and specifications, and prepare material procurement and construction documents. This will involve working with a multi-person Leidos team and interfacing with clients, project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management personnel.
Work Location: Salt Lake City, UT (with potential for hybrid schedule working in office and from home).
You should minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- Experience in reviewing full transmission line designs including PLS-CADD models, foundations, material, plan and profiles, and construction packages
- Knowledge of NESC, ACI, AISC, and ASCE code requirements; construction specifications; material procurement process; project schedules; and construction work packages.
- Develop project scopes, budgets, and proposals
- Ability to work effectively in team environment but also able to work independently
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Must have leadership experience and supervising others (required for Senior and SME Level)
- Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
- Program Expertise:
- PLS-CADD and POLE
- LPILE or FAD Tools
- Microsoft Office
- EIT, FE, or Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Program Experience:
- PLS TOWER
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley ProjectWise
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Construction Management and Support
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical workplace. In fact, in 2023, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the sixth consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/18/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.