Senior Transmission Line Engineer (REMOTE) in South Florida
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business.
Our Overhead Transmission business seeks Senior Transmission Line Engineers with PLS-CADD experience to join its dynamic team in South Florida (100% telework) and work in a fast-paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with extra high voltage electric transmission line design. The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Engineer on electric transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead utility systems. He/she will apply NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will assist the team as well as independently perform engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, plans and specifications; as well as prepare material procurement and construction documents, and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management.
We will consider qualified candidates to work fully remote (must reside in the U.S. only) and will require site visits to customer facilities in the South Florida region (i.e. Fort Lauderdale to Miami and surrounding area).
This position offers the successful candidate to develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities. The candidate will also be responsible for managing client relations, proposal development, scope creation, and project management.
To be considered for these positions, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- For Mid-level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- For Senior level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of eight (8) years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems, P.E. license required, to serve as responsible engineer in charge of design of projects
- For SME level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of twelve (12) + years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems, P.E. license required, to serve as responsible engineer in charge of design of projects
All levels require:
- Professional Engineering License – any state (required for Senior and SME Levels) or the ability to take P.E. exam after reasonable preparation
- Ability to develop staff through mentoring
- Experience in reviewing full transmission line designs including PLS-CADD models, foundations, material, plan and profiles, and construction packages
- Knowledge of NESC, ACI, AISC, and ASCE code requirements; construction specifications; material procurement process; project schedules; and construction work packages
- Develop project scopes, budgets, and proposals
- Ability to work effectively in team environment but also able to work independently
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Must have leadership experience and supervising others (required for Senior and SME Level)
- Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
- Program Expertise:
- PLS-CADD and POLE
- LPILE or FAD Tools
- Microsoft Office
- Program Experience:
- PLS TOWER
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley ProjectWise
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Construction Management and Support
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical workplace. In fact, in 2023, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the sixth consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/16/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.